When creating a course on the Moodle platform, you must first begin with a blank course shell. The appearance of your initial course shell will depend on the default settings that your system administrator has set.
- [Instructor] Now that we've customized our Moodle profile … and settings, we're ready to begin building out a course. … In this chapter, we're going to take a look … at how to start creating your course, … including how to customize the layout, … adjust the settings, add content, and more. … Now, in the beginning, … you'll start out with a blank course shell. … Here are the courses that I was assigned … as the teacher role by my administrator. … So I have Biology, Communication Fundamentals, and Ecology. … I'm going to go ahead and click on one of these courses. … And this is that Biology course. … To start out, it's an empty shell. … Eventually this will be the course dashboard … that students will see when they join the course, … so we'll want to make sure that we get it set up the way … that we'd like it to appear. … I want to mention again that your site administrator … has likely created a default course shell … that may look different than this one. … If that's the case, … the things we do in this course will still apply, …
- Name the theme that was recently introduced in Moodle 3.3.
- Recognize the symbol that indicates Moodle inline help.
- Identify the block used to keep track of a course schedule.
- Apply the Pencil tool to change the number of points that a quiz question is worth.
- Define a “single simple discussion.”
- Determine the default minimum score required to receive an A.
- Recall the Moodle backup format that is compatible with other learning management systems.
Skill Level Beginner
What you should know1m 2s
1. Learning Management Systems (LMSs)
New features in Moodle 3.63m 25s
2. Get Started with Moodle 3.6
3. Create a Course in Moodle 3.6
4. Course Resources
5. Course Activities
6. Manage Course Participants
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.