On one end of the spectrum of ownership, we are all consumers of information on the Internet. On the other end, there are the owners of sites. Learn about the various advantages and disadvantages to the major levels of ownership on the web. As educators, you will likely fit into every area along the spectrum.
- [Narrator] Let's talk about…the spectrum of ownership for websites,…and how that related to HTML.…On one end of the spectrum,…you have sites that you are the content consumer on.…While at the other end,…would be sites that you're the owner of the site.…As an educator, you will likely use your HTML skills…across this entire spectrum.…So understanding the general advantages, challenges,…and limitations of each can be very helpful.…Let's start at the content consumer end.…These would be sites that you're visiting…but not contributing to in any way.…
Your foundation in HTML…will often help speed up your ability…to navigate and parse the information…presented on the sites.…Next would be sites that you're contributing content to.…These would include all the major social media platforms…and sites that you may be writing articles for.…The advantage to these sites…is that barrier to entry is extremely low.…You focus on the content…and don't worry about the look, feel, or functionality.…All of those things are provided for you.…
- Coding a site, a page, or parts
- Managing digital assets
- Formatting headings and paragraphs
- Creating links to pages
- Linking to a PDF or a Google Doc
- Inserting your own images into an LMS
- Embedding YouTube, Vimeo, and SoundCloud media
- Making pages responsive for mobile devices
- Working with CSS using web developer tools
- Overriding existing CSS
- Setting up your own domain
- Using FTP
Skill Level Intermediate
WordPress for Education: Multisitewith Chris Mattia1h 55m Intermediate
Measuring Learning Effectivenesswith Jeff Toister47m 4s Beginner
1. Web Basics
2. Semantically Formatting Text
3. Leveraging Links
4. Integrating Images
5. Embedding Resources
6. Adding Style with CSS
7. Setting Up Web Infrastructure
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.