- How'd you do with the challenge…for Chapters four, five and six?…Here's how I solved it.…The first challenge objective was to create…five member groups for a team project.…To get started, I went to the ADMINISTRATION block…on the left-hand side,…opened the Users section,…and clicked Groups.…On the Course Groups page,…I clicked the Auto-create groups button.…If you created groups manually…using the Create group button,…that's okay too.…
I'll click Auto-create groups.…For the naming scheme I left it at Group…and @ to name each group with the word Group and a letter.…For Auto create based on, I selected Members per group…and then entered the number 5…because I want five members in each group.…In the Group members area,…the Select members with role menu is set to Student.…I kept it there.…Right underneath that, I Allocated numbers Randomly,…but you were free to create it alphabetically if you wished.…
I'll click Preview to show my work…and see that I have four groups with five students each.…So I can click Submit.…Then I return to the Course page via the breadcrumbs.…
- Navigating a Moodle course
- Setting up learning outcomes
- Adding, moving, editing, and deleting blocks
- Uploading files for students to download
- Adding links and RSS feeds
- Adding students and teaching assistants
- Creating groups
- Communicating with announcements, polls, emails, and chat
- Facilitating discussions, peer review, and team projects
- Creating and grading quizzes and assignments
- Working with the Moodle gradebook
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Ready to Teach with Moodle
2. Preparing Your Course in Moodle
3. Managing Course Resources in Moodle
4. Managing Course Participants in Moodle
5. Communicating with Students in Moodle
6. Facilitating Activities in Moodle
7. Assessing Learning in Moodle
8. Course Administration in Moodle
Setting up the gradebook5m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.