- How'd you do with the challenge for chapter three?…Here's how I solved it using a new course shell…that's completely empty.…The first challenge objective was to create a label…that provides basic information about you and your course.…It makes sense to put this information…in the very first section in the Moodle course.…First I'll turn editing on using the button…up in the top right-hand corner.…To create a label I'll use…the Add an activity or resource link…in the bottom right-hand corner of the section.…Then I'll scroll down,…to see the Resources and select Label.…
Finally I'll click Add.…In my label text field I'm going to paste basic information…about me and my course from my syllabus.…Then I click Save and return to course.…The second challenge objective was to add a folder.…To do this, I went once again to our friend,…the Add an activity or resource link, in the same section.…I scroll down again to the Resource area…and this time click Folder.…
Click the Add button.…And we're ready to go.…For a name, I entered Course Syllabus and Overview Files.…
- Navigating a Moodle course
- Setting up learning outcomes
- Adding, moving, editing, and deleting blocks
- Uploading files for students to download
- Adding links and RSS feeds
- Adding students and teaching assistants
- Creating groups
- Communicating with announcements, polls, emails, and chat
- Facilitating discussions, peer review, and team projects
- Creating and grading quizzes and assignments
- Working with the Moodle gradebook
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Ready to Teach with Moodle
2. Preparing Your Course in Moodle
3. Managing Course Resources in Moodle
4. Managing Course Participants in Moodle
5. Communicating with Students in Moodle
6. Facilitating Activities in Moodle
7. Assessing Learning in Moodle
8. Course Administration in Moodle
Setting up the gradebook5m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.