Join George Papazian for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up your database, part of Moodle Administration Essential Training.
- In this chapter, we're gonna go through…the process of installing Moodle.…I wouldn't say that installing Moodle itself…differs all that much from installing…any other content management system.…It's a pretty easy install.…But like installing any other…content management system,…the tedious parts you encounter…are more likely to come…from aligning your server settings…to the release requirements.…Let's jump into the first part of this process.…Setting up your database.…Chances are fairly high…that your school's server techs…will be doing this for you…on the production server.…If that's the case, step one…for the production server…is to send them an email…with a request to do so.…
All of that security bureaucracy…is one of the reasons why we're focusing…this course on installing Moodle…on our local server setup,…where you have full administrative control yourself.…Step one for our local server environment then,…is to locate phpMyAdmin…and set up the database there.…If you're not familiar with phpMyAdmin,…it's an environment with a graphical…
- Configuring your local server with XAMPP or LAMP
- Installing Moodle
- Connecting to the database
- Installing cron and automating cron jobs
- Creating views
- Changing primary settings
- Adding and managing users and cohorts
- Setting roles and permissions
- Creating and managing courses
- Applying themes
- Working with plugins
- Keeping your Moodle site secure
Skill Level Beginner
100 Courses and Counting: David Rivers on Elearningwith David Rivers8m 22s Intermediate
Learning Management Systems (LMS) Quick Startwith Aaron Quigley41m 38s Intermediate
Captivate 8: Advanced Techniqueswith Pooja Jaisingh4h 19m Intermediate
1. Getting to Know Moodle
2. Setting Up Your Server
3. Installing Moodle
4. The Moodle Dashboard
5. Working with Users
6. Setting Permissions
7. Managing Courses
8. Setting Up a Grading System
9. Customizing the Look of Moodle
10. Working with Plugins
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.