Join Kevin Kelly for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up and using the calendar, part of Moodle 2.8 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- If you're like me, you use a calendar…to keep track of day-to-day activities.…Sometimes I think my calendar rules my life.…Well, the Moodle calendar supports students,…in a good way, with input from multiple sources.…If you don't see the Calendar block in your Course,…visit the block called Add a block,…and add the Calendar block.…We learned how to do this back in chapter two.…The Moodle Calendar block shows four event types.…They're based on who can see each event,…and who's allowed to create it.…The first type is a global event.…
I'll highlight one now.…It's a green color.…Everyone sees global events in every Course.…And on your institution's Moodle homepage, as well.…Global events are calendar events…that your Moodle administrator…creates for the whole institution,…such as this holiday, April Fool's Day.…For example, the administrator…might enter finals week as global events.…Everyone in your Course sees course events.…Teachers add course events,…either automatically or manually.…
Every deadline for Moodle activities,…
- Navigating a Moodle course
- Setting up learning outcomes
- Adding, moving, editing, and deleting blocks
- Uploading files for students to download
- Adding links and RSS feeds
- Adding students and teaching assistants
- Creating groups
- Communicating with announcements, polls, emails, and chat
- Facilitating discussions, peer review, and team projects
- Creating and grading quizzes and assignments
- Working with the Moodle gradebook
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Ready to Teach with Moodle
2. Preparing Your Course in Moodle
3. Managing Course Resources in Moodle
4. Managing Course Participants in Moodle
5. Communicating with Students in Moodle
6. Facilitating Activities in Moodle
7. Assessing Learning in Moodle
8. Course Administration in Moodle
Setting up the gradebook5m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.