There is a powerful gradebook built into the Moodle platform, which will automatically integrate assignments and assessments, filter and organize data in many different ways, and provides students with great feedback. Take the time to customize your Moodle gradebook in order to best meet the needs of your course.
- Moodle has a powerful gradebook built into its platform.…In the next couple videos,…we'll take a look at how to get started with the gradebook,…and how to use it as your course progresses.…First, I want to access the gradebook.…On the left-hand side, under the Administration block,…I want to click on Gradebook setup.…Now the first thing that I notice…is that I already have a couple assignments…which appear in the Grades area.…These are assignments that we created earlier in the course.…In Moodle, when you create an assignment…or quiz that is worth points,…it's automatically populated into the gradebook.…
Here we have The Art of Conversation assignment,…and the Communication Fundamentals Quiz.…If I click on one of the assignments,…I'll click on The Art of Conversation,…we get more information.…First, we can see the assignment.…Down below we can see the Grading summary,…that we have nine participants,…and there are zero of them submitted.…We can see the due date,…as well as the time remaining.…If we want to, we can click here…
- Navigating a Moodle course
- Starting with a blank course shell
- Using Moodle blocks to add different features and functionality
- Creating course sections
- Adding resources as file downloads and links
- Incorporating assignments, quizzes, and forums
- Enrolling students
- Creating groups
- Setting up the gradebook
Skill Level Beginner
1. Learning Management Systems (LMS) Introduction
2. Getting Started with Moodle 3.0
3. Creating a Course in Moodle 3.0
Adjusting course settings7m 32s
4. Course Resources
5. Course Activities
6. Managing Course Participants
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.