- Throughout this course we've covered a wide variety…of topics related to teaching and learning.…Such as adding resources and activities…that help students reach your course outcomes.…In this last chapter, I'll show you how…to perform a few course administration tasks in Moodle.…We'll start with navigating and setting…up the grade book.…Start by moving over to the administration block…and then selecting the Grades link.…This will take you to view the grade book.…Under the View tab, you'll see…that you're looking at the Grader report.…
If you've seen the Moodle grade book before,…the core team of developers improved…the Grader report in Moodle 2.8.…It's functional across all devices now…with smooth scrolling.…The cells can be quickly edited…without reloading the page.…Back to business.…Vertically the Grader report shows…all the students in the class.…Horizontally, it shows all the grade items.…Grade items are the Moodle activities that have grades…as well as items you add manually to the grade book.…
I'll show you how to do that in the…
- Navigating a Moodle course
- Setting up learning outcomes
- Adding, moving, editing, and deleting blocks
- Uploading files for students to download
- Adding links and RSS feeds
- Adding students and teaching assistants
- Creating groups
- Communicating with announcements, polls, emails, and chat
- Facilitating discussions, peer review, and team projects
- Creating and grading quizzes and assignments
- Working with the Moodle gradebook
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Ready to Teach with Moodle
2. Preparing Your Course in Moodle
3. Managing Course Resources in Moodle
4. Managing Course Participants in Moodle
5. Communicating with Students in Moodle
6. Facilitating Activities in Moodle
7. Assessing Learning in Moodle
8. Course Administration in Moodle
Setting up the gradebook5m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.