Join George Papazian for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up defaults, part of Moodle Administration Essential Training.
- One of the best reasons to use Moodle…is for the automation its gradebook provides.…In this chapter, we're gonna learn how you…can manage that gradebook for your teachers…as a site administrator.…We'll start with this video, where we'll look…at the general settings of the gradebook.…I'll preface this by saying that there are…a lot of settings we need to look at here.…Some of them may only mildly make sense to you,…unless you've actually used Moodle's gradebook before.…For that reason, if you haven't used the gradebook…as a teacher or student in the past,…I highly suggest reviewing Aaron Quigley's chapter seven…of the "Moodle 2.6 Essential Training" course.…
At the very least, jump into a specific course…on Moodle's Mount Orange demo site…to have a look around at how the gradebook…comes across on both the students' view…and on the teachers' view.…So back on my Moodle dashboard, let's go…through these, and once again, keeping in mind…that we're looking at administrative…default settings here.…Many of these settings can be overridden…
- Configuring your local server with XAMPP or LAMP
- Installing Moodle
- Connecting to the database
- Installing cron and automating cron jobs
- Creating views
- Changing primary settings
- Adding and managing users and cohorts
- Setting roles and permissions
- Creating and managing courses
- Applying themes
- Working with plugins
- Keeping your Moodle site secure
Skill Level Beginner
100 Courses and Counting: David Rivers on Elearningwith David Rivers8m 22s Appropriate for all
Learning Management System (LMS) Fundamentalswith Aaron Quigley41m 44s Appropriate for all
Captivate 8 Advanced Techniqueswith Pooja Jaisingh4h 18m Intermediate
1. Getting to Know Moodle
2. Setting Up Your Server
3. Installing Moodle
4. The Moodle Dashboard
5. Working with Users
6. Setting Permissions
7. Managing Courses
8. Setting Up a Grading System
9. Customizing the Look of Moodle
10. Working with Plugins
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.