Join George Papazian for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up and configuring your local server with XAMPP or LAMP, part of Moodle Administration Essential Training.
- We're going to install a local server on our machine…to be able to do our development work.…As I mentioned in the previous video,…in this course we'll be working…in the first development phase.…That is the local server sandbox installation.…Before we install Moodle,…let's do a little Preflight Checklist…on items you should install and check.…You should install XAMPP for Windows,…or XAMPP for Mac, or LAMP for Linux.…I'm not going to go over how to install these…because David Gassner does a great job…of doing that in Installing Apache, MySQL, and PHP.…
Chapter Eight should tell you what you need to know…for Windows or Mac.…If you're running a Linux machine,…you'll wanna check out Chapter Four of the same course…for installing Apache, MySQL, and PHP,…otherwise known as LAMP on Linux.…During the install of XAMPP,…you may notice a quick install for Moodle and other CMS's.…I've highlighted this suggestion in red.…I highly suggest you ignore this for now,…and not get sidetracked.…You just need to install Apache, MySQL, and PHP.…
- Configuring your local server with XAMPP or LAMP
- Installing Moodle
- Connecting to the database
- Installing cron and automating cron jobs
- Creating views
- Changing primary settings
- Adding and managing users and cohorts
- Setting roles and permissions
- Creating and managing courses
- Applying themes
- Working with plugins
- Keeping your Moodle site secure
Skill Level Beginner
100 Courses and Counting: David Rivers on Elearningwith David Rivers8m 22s Appropriate for all
Learning Management System (LMS) Fundamentalswith Aaron Quigley41m 44s Appropriate for all
Captivate 8 Advanced Techniqueswith Pooja Jaisingh4h 18m Intermediate
1. Getting to Know Moodle
2. Setting Up Your Server
3. Installing Moodle
4. The Moodle Dashboard
5. Working with Users
6. Setting Permissions
7. Managing Courses
8. Setting Up a Grading System
9. Customizing the Look of Moodle
10. Working with Plugins
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.