Setting up your own dedicated blog is easy once you know how. In this video, author Chris Mattia walks you through installing WordPress on a typical web hosting account.
- [Narrator] Blogs have become one of the most…common types of websites that educators setup.…And the most common blogging platform is WordPress.…In fact, chances are pretty good…that you already have your own blog on…a campus blog server, WordPress.com, or EduBlogs.…All of which run a form of WordPress.…WordPress is not the only blogging platform out there.…But it is the most common.…All blogs generally have a fairly simple,…straightforward interface, that allows you to quickly…and easily publish content on the web…without having to know very much, if any, HTML.…
However, since HTML is the ubiquitous foundation…of the web, with the knowledge of HTML…that you've gained in this course, you'll be amazed…at how much more you're able to do on your blog.…Most web hosting environments have some kind of automatic,…or semi-automatic, installer for common…opensource applications like WordPress.…On State U's cPanel, there's a block here…near the top for applications…where you'll find a link to WordPress.…
Clicking on that will take you…
- Coding a site, a page, or parts
- Managing digital assets
- Formatting headings and paragraphs
- Creating links to pages
- Linking to a PDF or a Google Doc
- Inserting your own images into an LMS
- Embedding YouTube, Vimeo, and SoundCloud media
- Making pages responsive for mobile devices
- Working with CSS using web developer tools
- Overriding existing CSS
- Setting up your own domain
- Using FTP
Skill Level Intermediate
WordPress for Education: Multisitewith Chris Mattia1h 55m Intermediate
Measuring Learning Effectivenesswith Jeff Toister47m 4s Beginner
1. Web Basics
2. Semantically Formatting Text
3. Leveraging Links
4. Integrating Images
5. Embedding Resources
6. Adding Style with CSS
7. Setting Up Web Infrastructure
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.