Did you know you could set up your own learning management system? It takes minutes to get it set up, and then you will have a dedicated place to learn and practice your HTML skills. If you decide to dig deeper into this subject, then this environment will give you insights into what is possible on your campus LMS.
- [Instructor] The learning management system, or LMS,…has become fairly ubiquitous across education,…both in K-12 and higher ed.…There are many LMS's, and chances are pretty good…that if there is one on your campus,…it's probably one of the big five,…Moodle, Blackboard, Canvas, Desire2Learn, or Sakai.…While they all have their advantages and disadvantages,…one common feature that they all share is the ability…for you to get to the HTML for learning objects…that you create in your course.…
We're not going to go into the specifics…of each element because they all generally work the same…in this one respect.…So in the interest of empowering you…to test out your new HTML skills,…I want to quickly step through setting up…a Moodle learning management system,…and a simple course on your web infrastructure,…so you can practice and explore the use of HTML…inside of a real LMS.…If you want to go further and learn about a specific LMS,…then check out some of the courses here…in the online training library to round out those skills.…
- Coding a site, a page, or parts
- Managing digital assets
- Formatting headings and paragraphs
- Creating links to pages
- Linking to a PDF or a Google Doc
- Inserting your own images into an LMS
- Embedding YouTube, Vimeo, and SoundCloud media
- Making pages responsive for mobile devices
- Working with CSS using web developer tools
- Overriding existing CSS
- Setting up your own domain
- Using FTP
Skill Level Intermediate
WordPress for Education: Multisitewith Chris Mattia1h 55m Intermediate
Measuring Learning Effectivenesswith Jeff Toister47m 4s Beginner
1. Web Basics
2. Semantically Formatting Text
3. Leveraging Links
4. Integrating Images
5. Embedding Resources
6. Adding Style with CSS
7. Setting Up Web Infrastructure
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.