The Moodle platform allows you to send direct messages to individual students, groups of students, or all students. Depending on the settings designated by the system administrator, students will also have the ability to send messages. Take advantage of Moodle's messaging in order to improve communication in your course.
- In an earlier video we discussed…the News Forum which allows you to post…updates directly onto your course page.…There may be times however that you need…to send a message to an individual student…or a particular group of students.…Lets take a look at how we can do this.…On the left-hand side I'm going to open…up my Navigation block.…And here under my courses I'm going to expand…the 21st Century Communication course…and select participants.…This will bring up a list of all participants…that are entered into this course.…
Now from here I can click on an individual student;…I'll click on Madison.…And within here I can click on the message button…and send a message directly to Madison.…I'll close this out and back up.…If I want to send a message to multiple…students I can click on Madison, Howie, Chad…and Austin, scroll down and front the drop-down…menu click on Send a Message.…Now here I'm able to send a message to…all four of these recipients.…
If I want to I'll back up.…I could also click on Select All and send…
- Navigating a Moodle course
- Starting with a blank course shell
- Using Moodle blocks to add different features and functionality
- Creating course sections
- Adding resources as file downloads and links
- Incorporating assignments, quizzes, and forums
- Enrolling students
- Creating groups
- Setting up the gradebook
Skill Level Beginner
1. Learning Management Systems (LMS) Introduction
2. Getting Started with Moodle 3.0
3. Creating a Course in Moodle 3.0
Adjusting course settings7m 32s
4. Course Resources
5. Course Activities
6. Managing Course Participants
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.