- In another video in this chapter,…we looked at the News Forum,…and learned that every forum message…is also sent to your students via email.…Depending on your student's profile settings,…those forum messages may get lumped into a digest…with every other message they get…from a Moodle course that day.…There may be times when you want…to send a note immediately and on its own.…That's where the Quickmail block comes in handy.…If you don't see the Quickmail block in your course,…visit the block called Add a block,…and add the Quickmail block.…We learned how to do this back in chapter two.…
Remember, the Quickmail block is not a default block…in Moodle, so your Moodle administrator has…to install and enable it for your institution.…I'll scroll down, because we already have it in our Course.…First, click the Compose New Email link.…Then, Select the Recipients for your email Message.…We can click the Add All button,…to send a note to everyone in the class.…If your recipients are at the Group level,…we can select one or more Groups,…
- Navigating a Moodle course
- Setting up learning outcomes
- Adding, moving, editing, and deleting blocks
- Uploading files for students to download
- Adding links and RSS feeds
- Adding students and teaching assistants
- Creating groups
- Communicating with announcements, polls, emails, and chat
- Facilitating discussions, peer review, and team projects
- Creating and grading quizzes and assignments
- Working with the Moodle gradebook
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Ready to Teach with Moodle
2. Preparing Your Course in Moodle
3. Managing Course Resources in Moodle
4. Managing Course Participants in Moodle
5. Communicating with Students in Moodle
6. Facilitating Activities in Moodle
7. Assessing Learning in Moodle
8. Course Administration in Moodle
Setting up the gradebook5m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.