Moodle allows you to send direct messages to individual students, groups of students, or all students. Depending on the settings designated by the system administrator, students will also have the ability to send messages.
- [Instructor] In an earlier video, … we discussed the announcements feature, … which allows you to post updates to your entire class. … There may be times, however, that you need to send a message … to an individual student or a particular … group of students. … Let's take a look at how we can do this. … Now, one of the new features in Moodle 3.6 … is its improved messaging tool. … I'm going to go ahead and click on the notification icon … up at the top. … I'll click here and here, you'll see that there's a … new message interface, making it even easier to communicate … with people in your class. … We have starred conversations, … group conversations, as well as private conversations. … Here, you can see that I have … a couple private conversations. … I can go ahead and click on those if I want … to open them up. … So here's the conversation with Howie. … Then I can go down here and type in something … and easily send that out as part of the message. … Now, I can also go to the three dots icon …
- Name the theme that was recently introduced in Moodle 3.3.
- Recognize the symbol that indicates Moodle inline help.
- Identify the block used to keep track of a course schedule.
- Apply the Pencil tool to change the number of points that a quiz question is worth.
- Define a “single simple discussion.”
- Determine the default minimum score required to receive an A.
- Recall the Moodle backup format that is compatible with other learning management systems.
Skill Level Beginner
What you should know1m 2s
1. Learning Management Systems (LMSs)
New features in Moodle 3.63m 25s
2. Get Started with Moodle 3.6
3. Create a Course in Moodle 3.6
4. Course Resources
5. Course Activities
6. Manage Course Participants
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.