Moodle allows you to send direct messages to individual students, groups of students, or all students. Depending on the settings designated by the system administrator, students will also have the ability to send messages.
- [Instructor] In an earlier video, we discussed…the announcement feature, which allows you to post updates…to your entire class.…There may times, however, that you need to send a message…to an individual student or a particular group of students.…Let's take a look at how we can do this.…Now in a recent update of Moodle, they changed the way…that messaging is done and I really like the new way.…First of all, up at the top, you'll notice the different…notifications that we have next to our profile name.…The first one we have here is our messaging icon.…When I click on that, it brings up any messages…that we have in our account.…
Right now I don't have any new messages but as soon as I do,…I'll be able to click on them and…then reply to those messages.…Let's take a look at another way that we can send messages…to particular students.…If I come across a student's name while on Moodle,…I can click on their name.…So for instance, here are some of the participants…in the course, and I'm going to click on Howie's name.…
- Setting up an instructor profile
- Creating a course
- Adjusting course settings
- Posting announcements
- Adding resources and activities
- Managing files and URLs
- Adding assignments
- Creating a quiz
- Enrolling students in a course
- Chatting and sending messages
- Setting up a gradebook
- Viewing gradebook reports
Skill Level Beginner
Advanced Moodle: Working with Themeswith Chris Mattia58m 17s Advanced
1. Learning Management Systems
2. Get Started with Moodle 3.5
3. Create a Course in Moodle 3.5
4. Course Resources
5. Course Activities
6. Manage Course Participants
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.