Learn how Moodle allows you to send direct messages to individual students, groups of students, or all students. Depending on the settings designated by the system administrator, students will also have the ability to send messages.
- [Instructor] In an earlier video we discussed…the Announcements feature which allows…you to post updates to your entire class.…There may be times, however, that you need to send…a message to an individual student…or a particular group of students.…Let's take a look at how we can do this.…Now on a recent update of Moodle,…they changed the way that messaging is done.…And I really like the new way.…First of all, up at the top…you'll notice different notifications that we have…next to our profile name.…The third icon, which is the Message icon will notify…you when you have a new message.…There will be a red number that appears over it,…letting you know that you have a new one.…
So, it's a very convenient way to see when…you have messages or notifications.…Now, I've already checked all of my messages,…but if I go up here to that Message icon and click on it,…you'll notice in here that I do have several messages.…Up at the top I have one from Howie Cadell,…a student in the class.…And you can see here that there is an old message…
- Navigating a Moodle course
- Customizing your profile
- Creating sections within a course
- Adjusting course settings
- Adding course resources
- Quizzing students
- Managing course participants
- Customizing the Moodle gradebook
Skill Level Beginner
1. Learning Management Systems Introduction
Download and install Moodle1m 31s
2. Get Started with Moodle 3.4
3. Create a Course in Moodle 3.4
4. Course Resources
5. Course Activities
6. Manage Course Participants
Next steps1m 44s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.