Moodle allows you to send direct messages to individual students, groups of students, or all students. Depending on the settings designated by the system administrator, students will also have the ability to send messages.
- [Instructor] In an earlier video,…we discussed the Announcement feature,…which allows you to post updates to your entire class.…There may be times, however,…that you need to send a message…to an individual student…or a particular group of students.…Let's take a look at how we can do this.…Now, in a recent update of Moodle,…they changed the way that messaging is done…and I really like the new way.…First of all, up at the top,…you'll notice different notifications…that we have next to our profile name.…The third icon, which is the message icon,…currently has a red one that appears there,…letting me know that I have one message.…
So, it's a very convenient way…to see when you have messages or notifications.…I'm going to click here on that message.…It drops down and I have several messages here.…This one is from Howie and it says…"Hello, Mr Schinkten."…"This is a sample message on Moodle 3.3."…So, that's convenient.…Now, in this message box,…we can send messages to students.…So, in other words, here I have a message from Madisyn,…
- New features in Moodle 3.3
- Navigating a Moodle course
- Customizing your profile and navigation settings
- Creating a course in Moodle 3.3
- Adjusting course settings
- Adding resources to the different sections of your course
- Adding assignments, quizzes, forums, and surveys
- Managing course participants
Skill Level Beginner
Elearning Techniques: Visual Designwith Sally Cox1h 34m Intermediate
1. Learning Management Systems (LMS)
2. Get Started with Moodle 3.3
3. Create a Course in Moodle 3.3
4. Course Resources
5. Course Activities
6. Manage Course Participants
Next steps1m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.