Moodle allows you to send direct messages to individual students, groups of students, or all students. Depending on the settings designated by the system administrator, students will also have the ability to send messages.
- [Man] In an earlier video, we discussed…the announcements feature, which allows you…to post updates to your entire class.…There may be times, however, that you need…to send a message to an individual student,…or a particular group of students.…Let's take a look at how we can do this.…Now, messaging inside of Moodle 3.2 has actually changed…and I think it's much better.…One of the things that have changed is the way…that we're notified of messages.…If you'll notice up at the top,…there are three different icons.…A magnifying glass, a bell and then a message icon.…This message icon will let you know…when you have a message and in fact,…right now, I have a one next to it,…meaning I have one outstanding message.…
I'm going to click on this.…And it says "From Madisyn Roope."…"Hello, Mr. Schinkten. This is a sample message…"that will allow you to show where your message…"appears in Moodle 3.2."…How convientent.…So that's how I can tell when I have messages…and how many I have, as well as quickly access them…by clicking on the message icon.…
- Downloading and installing Moodle
- New features in Moodle 3.2
- Navigating a Moodle course
- Customizing your profile and notification settings
- Using inline help
- Creating a course
- Adding resources to course sections
- Using labels
- Customizing the look and layout of your course
- Adding assignments, quizzes, forums, and surveys
- Managing course participants
- Setting up the Moodle gradebook
- Saving a backup of your course
Skill Level Beginner
1. Learning Management Systems (LMS) Introduction
Download and install Moodle1m 35s
2. Getting Started with Moodle 3.2
3. Creating a Course in Moodle 3.2
4. Course Resources
5. Course Activities
6. Managing Course Participants
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.