Moodle allows you to send direct messages to individual students, groups of students, or all students. In this video, learn how to utilize the message feature.
- [Instructor] In an earlier video, … we discussed the announcements feature … which allows you to post updates to your entire class. … There may be times however that you need to send a message … to an individual student or a particular group of students. … Let's take a look at how we can do this. … I'm going to go ahead and click on the notification icon … up at the top. … I'll click here … and here you'll see that there's a new message interface … making it even easier to communicate with people … in your class. … We have starred conversations, … group conversations as well as private conversations. … And here you can see … that I have a couple private conversations. … I can go ahead and click on those if I want to open them up. … So here's the conversation with Howie. … And then I can go down here and type in something … and easily send that out as part of the message. … Now, I can also go to the three dots icon up at the top … and decide if I want to star a user, block a user, … or delete a conversation. …
- Setting up an instructor profile
- Creating a course
- Adjusting course settings
- Posting announcements
- Adding resources and activities
- Managing files and URLs
- Adding assignments
- Creating a quiz
- Enrolling students in a course
- Chatting and sending messages
- Setting up a gradebook
- Viewing gradebook reports
Skill Level Beginner
1. Learning Management Systems (LMS)
2. Get Started with Moodle 3.7
3. Create a Course in Moodle 3.7
4. Course Resources
5. Course Activities
6. Manage Course Participants
Next steps1m 34s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.