Moodle allows you to add a course block which will show you and your students which users are currently logged into your course. This is a useful feature that will allow the teacher to monitor engagement and allows the teacher and other students to communicate with people who are currently active on the platform.
- In the previous video, we discussed how to…send messages to students.…In Moodle, your students also have the ability to send…messages to other students, as well as the teacher.…There may be times when a student has a question,…and would like to ask student who is currently online…and logged in to the Moodle platform.…You, as the instructor, may also want to see who's…logged in to the Moodle platform at a specific time.…In order to do this, we can add a block, which will allow…us to see who is currently logged in.…In order to do this, I need to first make sure that…editing is turned on.…
In the upper right corner, I'll turn editing on.…And then I'll scroll to the bottom on the left hand side,…and there should be a block titled Add A Block.…From here, I'll click the drop down menu,…and select Online Users.…Now, if I scroll back to the bottom, we can see that…the Online Users block has been added.…Right now, it's showing that within the last five minutes,…only I have been online and logged into the platform.…
- Navigating a Moodle course
- Starting with a blank course shell
- Using Moodle blocks to add different features and functionality
- Creating course sections
- Adding resources as file downloads and links
- Incorporating assignments, quizzes, and forums
- Enrolling students
- Creating groups
- Setting up the gradebook
Skill Level Beginner
1. Learning Management Systems (LMS) Introduction
2. Getting Started with Moodle 3.0
3. Creating a Course in Moodle 3.0
Adjusting course settings7m 32s
4. Course Resources
5. Course Activities
6. Managing Course Participants
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.