Join George Papazian for an in-depth discussion in this video Scales and letters, part of Moodle Administration Essential Training.
- We're gonna take a look at scales…and letter grades in this video.…As teachers build their courses and grade book,…they need to incorporate evaluation criteria…into their assignments.…Before they start doing that though,…you need to set them up…with some defaults as the administrator.…Let's start with the scales first.…Moodle ships with a standard numeric scale…for evaluating assignments.…As the administrator,…you're able to create further site-wide…standard evaluation scales.…Here we see two empty categories.…Custom scales and Standard Scales.…
Let's click on the Add a new scale button.…On this page, we have a few fields.…Name is how you want to identify your scale.…I'll call it Light Activity Evaluation.…You'll notice the Standard scale check box is force checked.…That's because the administrators…can only create standard scales.…It's then up to the teachers to later apply them…as custom to their own activities.…Or just create their own custom activities.…In the Scale field below, you add your evaluation criteria.…
- Configuring your local server with XAMPP or LAMP
- Installing Moodle
- Connecting to the database
- Installing cron and automating cron jobs
- Creating views
- Changing primary settings
- Adding and managing users and cohorts
- Setting roles and permissions
- Creating and managing courses
- Applying themes
- Working with plugins
- Keeping your Moodle site secure
Skill Level Beginner
100 Courses and Counting: David Rivers on Elearningwith David Rivers8m 22s Appropriate for all
Learning Management System (LMS) Fundamentalswith Aaron Quigley41m 44s Appropriate for all
Captivate 8 Advanced Techniqueswith Pooja Jaisingh4h 18m Intermediate
1. Getting to Know Moodle
2. Setting Up Your Server
3. Installing Moodle
4. The Moodle Dashboard
5. Working with Users
6. Setting Permissions
7. Managing Courses
8. Setting Up a Grading System
9. Customizing the Look of Moodle
10. Working with Plugins
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.