Once you have created a course on the Moodle platform, it is a good idea to save your work and backup your course. Moodle allows you to easily customize the components of the course you want to back up, including settings, resources, and activities, so that they can be restored at any time.
- [Instructor] Once you have your Moodle course created,…it's important to save a copy of what you've built.…In order to back up your course,…navigate to the gear icon in the upper right.…From the drop-down, select Backup.…Now in here you have several different decisions to make.…If you wanna save this in a format that's compatible…with other learning management systems,…you can check the IMS Common Cartridge 1.1 box right here.…Now when you check this, you lose a little bit…of your ability to customize the course…because some of the features for Moodle…will not work in another learning management system.…
I'm going to go ahead here and uncheck that,…and if I do, I have some decisions to make…based on what it is that I want to include,…and what I want to backup.…Once you have that, you can go ahead and click on Next.…And this brings us to the Schema settings.…Here you can choose what it is from your account…and your course that you'd like to keep,…including the different resources and sections.…So here I can see the different sections that I have…
- Setting up an instructor profile
- Creating a course
- Adjusting course settings
- Posting announcements
- Adding resources and activities
- Managing files and URLs
- Adding assignments
- Creating a quiz
- Enrolling students in a course
- Chatting and sending messages
- Setting up a gradebook
- Viewing gradebook reports
Skill Level Beginner
Advanced Moodle: Working with Themeswith Chris Mattia58m 17s Advanced
1. Learning Management Systems
2. Get Started with Moodle 3.5
3. Create a Course in Moodle 3.5
4. Course Resources
5. Course Activities
6. Manage Course Participants
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.