Once you have created a course on the Moodle platform, it is a good idea to save your work and back up your course. Learn how Moodle allows you to easily customize the components of the course you want to back up, including settings, resources, and activities so that they can be restored at any time.
- [Instructor] Once you have your Moodle course created,…it's important to save what you've built.…In order to backup your course,…navigate to the gear icon in the upper-right,…and select backup.…Here we have some decisions to make.…If you want to save it in a format that's compatible…with other learning management systems,…you can check the IMS Common Cartridge 1.1 button here.…Now you do lose some of your ability…to customize it when you do this,…because some of the different features from Moodle…will not work in another learning management system.…If I leave this unchecked,…we can customize it and decide what you want to include.…
I recommend going through this…and selecting everything you'd like to include.…I'm going to leave the defaults checked,…and in the bottom right, I'll click next.…This brings us to the schema settings,…and you can determine here…which sections you'd like to keep,…which folders you'd like to keep, and assignments.…So if there's anything you don't want,…you could uncheck that.…However, down below, I'm going to go ahead and click next.…
- Navigating a Moodle course
- Customizing your profile
- Creating sections within a course
- Adjusting course settings
- Adding course resources
- Quizzing students
- Managing course participants
- Customizing the Moodle gradebook
Skill Level Beginner
1. Learning Management Systems Introduction
Download and install Moodle1m 31s
2. Get Started with Moodle 3.4
3. Create a Course in Moodle 3.4
4. Course Resources
5. Course Activities
6. Manage Course Participants
Next steps1m 44s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.