Once you have created a course on the Moodle platform, it is a good idea to save your work and back up your course. Moodle allows you to easily customize the components of the course you want to backup, including settings, resources, and activities so that they can be restored at any time.
- [Announcer] Once you have your Moodle course created,…it's important to save what you've built.…In order to back up your course, navigate to the gear icon…in the upper right of your course home page.…From here, select backup.…Here, we have some decisions to make.…If you want to save it in a format that's compatible…with other learning management systems, you can check…the IMS Common Cartridge 1.1.…When you do this, you lose some of the ability…to customize it, because some of the different features…from Moodle will not work…in other learning management systems.…If I leave this unchecked, we have a lot…of other decisions to make depending on what it is…that we'd like to save.…
I can look down and see that there are some things…checked by defaults and others that are not.…Now I'm going to keep all of this and click on next.…This will bring is to the Schema settings.…We can choose what it is from our account and our course…that we'd like to keep including the…different resources and sections.…I'm going to keep everything that's checked now…
- Downloading and installing Moodle
- New features in Moodle 3.2
- Navigating a Moodle course
- Customizing your profile and notification settings
- Using inline help
- Creating a course
- Adding resources to course sections
- Using labels
- Customizing the look and layout of your course
- Adding assignments, quizzes, forums, and surveys
- Managing course participants
- Setting up the Moodle gradebook
- Saving a backup of your course
Skill Level Beginner
1. Learning Management Systems (LMS) Introduction
Download and install Moodle1m 35s
2. Getting Started with Moodle 3.2
3. Creating a Course in Moodle 3.2
4. Course Resources
5. Course Activities
6. Managing Course Participants
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.