Join Kevin Kelly for an in-depth discussion in this video Reusing previous course materials and activities with Restore or Import, part of Moodle 2.8 Essential Training.
- Moodle's Restore and Import functions…allow you to reuse Moodle courses…and almost everything they contain.…That way you don't have to reinvent the wheel…every time you teach the same class.…In this video,…we'll pull in different resources and activities…from a previous course backup.…Once you do that, you'll be ready to modify them…for a new academic term.…Rest assured that throughout this course…I'm also going to show you how to create…all the different resources and activities from scratch.…For now, let's get started with the Restore process,…which imports resources and activities…from a previous course.…
First, go to the Administration block on the left,…and click the Restore link.…The first screen you'll see…asks you to import a backup file.…I've provided a simple backup file…in the Exercise Files folder…so you can play along at home if you like.…Click the Choose a file button.…Then make sure it says Upload a file in the left column,…and select Browse.…In your Exercise Files folder,…choose the backup file,…
- Navigating a Moodle course
- Setting up learning outcomes
- Adding, moving, editing, and deleting blocks
- Uploading files for students to download
- Adding links and RSS feeds
- Adding students and teaching assistants
- Creating groups
- Communicating with announcements, polls, emails, and chat
- Facilitating discussions, peer review, and team projects
- Creating and grading quizzes and assignments
- Working with the Moodle gradebook
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Ready to Teach with Moodle
2. Preparing Your Course in Moodle
3. Managing Course Resources in Moodle
4. Managing Course Participants in Moodle
5. Communicating with Students in Moodle
6. Facilitating Activities in Moodle
7. Assessing Learning in Moodle
8. Course Administration in Moodle
Setting up the gradebook5m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.