Join George Papazian for an in-depth discussion in this video Restricting your protocol, part of Moodle Administration Essential Training.
- We're gonna look at how to determine…which URI schemes we allow visitors to use…when accessing Moodle in this video.…URI schemes are colloquially known as protocols.…One such protocol you're already familiar with is http.…Oftentimes, when you go to a site,…that's the first part of the address you type,…but http is not considered very secure.…If you've ever done banking or purchases online, though,…you may have noticed 'http' having an 's' at the end.…Https is a more secure protocol.…Whether you've noticed it or not,…you've probably seen that before, too.…
If I click over to PayPal, you can see the 's'…at the end of 'https.'…That's because PayPal handles payments and transactions,…so it needs a more secure protocol to transfer information.…You can configure Moodle to utilize https…for uses that require higher security as well.…Let's head back over to our Moodle admin dashboard…to see how this works.…To get to the page I'm looking at,…go to "Site administration," "Security,"…and then "HTTP security."…When you get there, this first setting allows you…
- Configuring your local server with XAMPP or LAMP
- Installing Moodle
- Connecting to the database
- Installing cron and automating cron jobs
- Creating views
- Changing primary settings
- Adding and managing users and cohorts
- Setting roles and permissions
- Creating and managing courses
- Applying themes
- Working with plugins
- Keeping your Moodle site secure
Skill Level Beginner
100 Courses and Counting: David Rivers on Elearningwith David Rivers8m 22s Appropriate for all
Learning Management System (LMS) Fundamentalswith Aaron Quigley41m 44s Appropriate for all
Captivate 8 Advanced Techniqueswith Pooja Jaisingh4h 18m Intermediate
1. Getting to Know Moodle
2. Setting Up Your Server
3. Installing Moodle
4. The Moodle Dashboard
5. Working with Users
6. Setting Permissions
7. Managing Courses
8. Setting Up a Grading System
9. Customizing the Look of Moodle
10. Working with Plugins
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.