Learn about sharding to share load across servers, and replication for fallback functionality.
- [Instructor] Now that we've covered the basics…of interacting with Mongo, I'm going…to briefly cover some of Mongo's interesting features.…Scaling your Mongo instance is frequently needed…and there are various methods you can use…to improve scalability on your system.…I'll cover both sharding and replication here.…Each of these allows you to spread your database…across different servers but they work differently.…Replication creates multiple servers,…all containing your entire database, and this…can be used to maximize the uptime of your database.…Sharding, on the other hand, splits…it across multiple servers so you can combine…smaller systems to host a more extensive database.…
We won't have a chance to set these up here but you can…learn more about them in the MongoDB documentation.…In the most basic terms, sharding allows you…to partition your database onto multiple servers…allowing for more storage and a greater…capacity for read/write operations.…Multiple CPUs can handle an increased load…and the read/write operations to your database…
- Installing MongoDB for Windows and OS X
- Why Mongo?
- Document-oriented data
- Exploring the Mongo shell
- Importing data into the database
- Building an application in Node.js
- Tuning Mongo queries
- Replication and sharding
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Understand MongoDB
2. Explore the System
3. Build an Application in Node
Node MongoDB setup4m 59s
4. Advanced Topics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.