Creating quizzes on the Moodle platform provides you an opportunity to assess students on their understanding of the course content. Moodle allows you to quickly create quizzes by loading questions directly from your question bank or by creating new questions.
- [Instructor] Assessing student progress…is an important part of every course.…In this video we'll take a look at how to create…and share quizzes within our course.…In order to create a quiz I first need to select…the section that I want it to appear in.…I want to scroll down and add it to my Cycles section.…I'll click on Add an activity or resource,…and from the list of activities…I'm going to select Quiz,…and then at the bottom I'll click Add.…Here's the Quiz page…and I can first title my Quiz.…I'm going to title it Photosynthesis Quiz.…
I can add a Description if I want…and choose whether I want that to appear on the main page,…and then there's some other settings…that we want to pay attention to.…The first is Timing.…So you can decide whether you want your Quiz…to be open during a specific period of time.…You can Enable an open time…and Enable a close time if you'd like,…and then enter in the day, month, year,…as well as a specific time.…I'm going to leave this unchecked,…because I'll post it when I want students to take it.…
- Downloading and installing Moodle
- New features in Moodle 3.2
- Navigating a Moodle course
- Customizing your profile and notification settings
- Using inline help
- Creating a course
- Adding resources to course sections
- Using labels
- Customizing the look and layout of your course
- Adding assignments, quizzes, forums, and surveys
- Managing course participants
- Setting up the Moodle gradebook
- Saving a backup of your course
Skill Level Beginner
1. Learning Management Systems (LMS) Introduction
Download and install Moodle1m 35s
2. Getting Started with Moodle 3.2
3. Creating a Course in Moodle 3.2
4. Course Resources
5. Course Activities
6. Managing Course Participants
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.