Creating quizzes on the Moodle platform provides you an opportunity to assess students on their understanding of the course content. Quizzes are also a great way to provide knowledge checks for students, in order to help them understand their progress. Moodle allows you to quickly create quizzes by loading questions directly from your question bank or by creating new questions, which will then be automatically saved into your question bank. Moodle provides a wide variety of question types that you can add, including some types that were added with the upgrade to Moodle 3.0.
- Assessing students' progress is an important part…of most courses.…In this video, we'll take a look at how…to create and share quizzes within our course.…In order to create a quiz,…I first need to make sure that editing is turned on.…I'll click Turn editing on.…Then I need to navigate to the section…that I want to include the quiz in.…Here I'd like to include it in…Communication Fundamentals.…I'll go down to the bottom of that section…and click on Add an activity or resource.…From here, I'll select Quiz, and double click.…
Right now, we are going to set up…the framework for our quiz.…We're not actually going to include…any questions yet, but again, just setting up…the settings and the framework.…Here I'll type in the title.…We'll just title in Communication Fundamentals…Quiz.…I could add a Description.…We can select Timing if there…is a certain time that we want the quiz…to be available to students or a certain time…when it will close, that they no longer have access.…I like to include quizzes sometimes…as knowledge checks or practice for students.…
- Navigating a Moodle course
- Starting with a blank course shell
- Using Moodle blocks to add different features and functionality
- Creating course sections
- Adding resources as file downloads and links
- Incorporating assignments, quizzes, and forums
- Enrolling students
- Creating groups
- Setting up the gradebook
Skill Level Beginner
1. Learning Management Systems (LMS) Introduction
2. Getting Started with Moodle 3.0
3. Creating a Course in Moodle 3.0
Adjusting course settings7m 32s
4. Course Resources
5. Course Activities
6. Managing Course Participants
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.