Join George Papazian for an in-depth discussion in this video Production server security considerations, part of Moodle Administration Essential Training.
- I wanna close this chapter by addressing the issue…of production server security.…This is another Moodle-specific issue…you're bound to encounter…because many educational institutions…that would run Moodle would also run servers…with very strict security.…If your organization is like the university I teach at,…chances are you won't be able to enact…the third phase in our Moodle development protocol,…uploading modified files to the live server by yourself.…Instead, what you'll need to do is first…test the modifications on your test installation.…Schools will often grant you a test space…on their server with increased permissions…for development purposes.…
If not, you'll have to configure your own test server…to have settings as close as possible…to the production server of the school.…In either case, once you ascertain…that the files work on the test server,…your next step would be to send…those specific modified files over to…the server techs of the school.…The school's server techs would then replace…the selected specific live files on the production server…
- Configuring your local server with XAMPP or LAMP
- Installing Moodle
- Connecting to the database
- Installing cron and automating cron jobs
- Creating views
- Changing primary settings
- Adding and managing users and cohorts
- Setting roles and permissions
- Creating and managing courses
- Applying themes
- Working with plugins
- Keeping your Moodle site secure
Skill Level Beginner
100 Courses and Counting: David Rivers on Elearningwith David Rivers8m 22s Appropriate for all
Learning Management Systems (LMS) Quick Startwith Aaron Quigley41m 38s Appropriate for all
Captivate 8: Advanced Techniqueswith Pooja Jaisingh4h 19m Intermediate
1. Getting to Know Moodle
2. Setting Up Your Server
3. Installing Moodle
4. The Moodle Dashboard
5. Working with Users
6. Setting Permissions
7. Managing Courses
8. Setting Up a Grading System
9. Customizing the Look of Moodle
10. Working with Plugins
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.