There may be times when you want to customize the resources that you share with students. Learn how Moodle allows you to create pages, which allow you to add text as well as embed other resources such as videos or images. The books feature allows you to link together multiple pages into chapters.
- [Instructor] We've taken a look…at how to share files and links as resources.…But what if we want to customize the content even more…and tie several resources together?…The answer is with pages and books.…In this video we'll take a look at pages…and books on the Moodle platform…and how you can use them in your course.…Pages allow you to add text, links,…images, audio, video, and even embed HTML code…by using the text editor to create…one single resource as a page.…Let's take a look at how to build a page.…Now in order to do this…I'm going to scroll down to my Nutrition section…and to the right I'll click add an activity or resource.…
Now from here I'll scroll down to resources,…select Page, and then Add.…And here is where we can customize our page.…Now what I want to do is to create a resource,…or a page, that has on it several videos,…it has some text, it also has a link to a…Google Form that students will answer,…and put it all together in one resource.…So here first I'm going to name it…and I'll title it Introduction to Nutrition.…
- Navigating a Moodle course
- Customizing your profile
- Creating sections within a course
- Adjusting course settings
- Adding course resources
- Quizzing students
- Managing course participants
- Customizing the Moodle gradebook
Skill Level Beginner
1. Learning Management Systems Introduction
Download and install Moodle1m 31s
2. Get Started with Moodle 3.4
3. Create a Course in Moodle 3.4
4. Course Resources
5. Course Activities
6. Manage Course Participants
Next steps1m 44s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.