There may be times when you want to customize the resources that you share with students. Moodle allows you to create pages, which allow you to add text as well as embed other resources such as videos or images. The books feature allows you to link together multiple pages into chapters.
- [Instructor] We've taken a look at how to share…files and links as resources,…but what if we want to customize the content even more…and tie several resources together?…The answer is with pages and books.…In this video, we'll take a look at pages and books…on the Moodle platform…and how you can use them in your course.…Pages allow you to add text, links, images,…audio, video, and even embed HTML code…by using the text editor…to create one single resource as a page.…Let's take a look at how to build a page.…Now, in order to do this,…I'm going to scroll down to my Nutrition section.…
To the right, I'll click Add an Activity or Resource.…Now, from here, I'll scroll down to Resources,…select Page, and then Add.…Here is where we can customize our page.…Now, what I want to do is to create a resource or a page…that has on it several videos, it has some text,…it also has a link to a Google form…that students will answer,…and put it all together in one resource.…So, here, first I'm going to name it…and I'll title it Introduction to Nutrition.…
- New features in Moodle 3.3
- Navigating a Moodle course
- Customizing your profile and navigation settings
- Creating a course in Moodle 3.3
- Adjusting course settings
- Adding resources to the different sections of your course
- Adding assignments, quizzes, forums, and surveys
- Managing course participants
Skill Level Beginner
Elearning Techniques: Visual Designwith Sally Cox1h 34m Intermediate
1. Learning Management Systems (LMS)
2. Get Started with Moodle 3.3
3. Create a Course in Moodle 3.3
4. Course Resources
5. Course Activities
6. Manage Course Participants
Next steps1m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.