There may be times when you want to customize the resources that you share with students. Moodle allows you to create pages, which allow you to add text as well as embed other resources such as videos or images. The books feature allows you to link together multiple pages into chapters.
- [Instructor] We've looked at how to share…files and links as resources,…but what if we want to customize the content more…and tie several resources together?…The answer is with Pages and Books.…In this video we'll take a look at how to add Pages…and Books to our Moodle course.…Pages allow you to add text, links,…images, audio, video, and even embed HTML code…by using the text editor to create one single resource…that we can share with students.…I'm going to add a Page.…First I'll scroll down to my Nutrition section.…And here I'm going to click on Add an activity or resource.…
Once I do this I'm going to scroll down,…select Page, and then Add.…Now the first thing I need to do is to title the Page,…I'll title it Intro to Nutrition,…and then if we want we can leave a Description…and decide whether or not we want that to appear…on the course page.…Below this in the Content section…is where we'll actually create the Page.…Here, as I said, we can add text,…links, images, video, and more.…And all of this will be tied together in one resource…
- Downloading and installing Moodle
- New features in Moodle 3.2
- Navigating a Moodle course
- Customizing your profile and notification settings
- Using inline help
- Creating a course
- Adding resources to course sections
- Using labels
- Customizing the look and layout of your course
- Adding assignments, quizzes, forums, and surveys
- Managing course participants
- Setting up the Moodle gradebook
- Saving a backup of your course
Skill Level Beginner
1. Learning Management Systems (LMS) Introduction
Download and install Moodle1m 35s
2. Getting Started with Moodle 3.2
3. Creating a Course in Moodle 3.2
4. Course Resources
5. Course Activities
6. Managing Course Participants
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.