There may be times when you want to customize the resources that you share with students. Moodle recognizes this and allows you to create pages, which are customized web pages built into your Moodle course which allow you to add text as well as embed other resources such as videos or images. The books feature allows you to link together multiple pages into chapters to share with students.
- We've looked at how to share…files and links as resources, but what if we want to…customize our content even more,…and tie several resources together?…In this video, we'll take a look at how to create…pages and books on the Moodle platform…and how you can use them in your course.…Pages allow you to add text, links, images, audio, video,…and even embed HTML code.…By using the Text Editor,…we can create one single resource as a page.…Let's take a look at how to build a page.…First, in the top right, I'm going to click turn editing on.…
Then I'll navigate down to…my Communication Fundamental section.…Here, I'll click on Add an Activity or Resource.…I'll scroll down to Resources,…and I'm going to double-click on page.…The first thing we need to do is to title our page.…We can leave a description.…We have the option to display this description…on the course page, I'm going to click that.…And below, we have the place that we can enter in…our page content.…So within this Text Editor is where…we're actually going to create our whole page.…
- Navigating a Moodle course
- Starting with a blank course shell
- Using Moodle blocks to add different features and functionality
- Creating course sections
- Adding resources as file downloads and links
- Incorporating assignments, quizzes, and forums
- Enrolling students
- Creating groups
- Setting up the gradebook
Skill Level Beginner
1. Learning Management Systems (LMS) Introduction
2. Getting Started with Moodle 3.0
3. Creating a Course in Moodle 3.0
Adjusting course settings7m 32s
4. Course Resources
5. Course Activities
6. Managing Course Participants
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.