Moodle 3.5 has a new look and layout and offers many new features including the Boost theme, an improved media player, interactive report charts, and more.
- [Host] Moodle recently launched version 3.5,…which is similar to recent versions of Moodle…but with some definite upgrades.…Now if you've been using an earlier version…of Moodle, before 3.3, there has been one major update.…And that is the Boost theme.…The Boost theme, which is pictured here,…doesn't utilize Blocks as much.…On the left, we have the side navigation bar…and by clicking this three lines icon…we can make that go in and out.…Over on the right, in the top…we have the gear icon.…And in here are things that previously required…Blocks in order to perform.…
Well now they're right here in the Boost theme.…Let's take a quick look at some of the new features…released with Moodle 3.5.…The most significant update is with regards to…GDPR compliance, a topic I talk about in the next video.…But Moodle has implemented some features…that help you to comply with GDPR standards.…There's the ability to access site policies…and make data requests,…things for age checks,…user agreements, and more.…You also have a privacy and policy section…
- Setting up an instructor profile
- Creating a course
- Adjusting course settings
- Posting announcements
- Adding resources and activities
- Managing files and URLs
- Adding assignments
- Creating a quiz
- Enrolling students in a course
- Chatting and sending messages
- Setting up a gradebook
- Viewing gradebook reports
Skill Level Beginner
Advanced Moodle: Working with Themeswith Chris Mattia58m 17s Advanced
1. Learning Management Systems
2. Get Started with Moodle 3.5
3. Create a Course in Moodle 3.5
4. Course Resources
5. Course Activities
6. Manage Course Participants
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.