Moodle 3.2 has a new look and layout and offers many new features, including the Boost theme, an improved media player, interactive report charts, and more.
- [Instructor] The Moodle platform was recently improved…with the release of version 3.2,…and there are some significant changes.…In this video, we'll take a look at some of those changes.…The most significant change is the release…of the Boost theme which in my opinion looks great.…Right now, I'm inside of a course…that I'm creating using the Boost theme.…Now past users of Moodle know…that one of the key elements…to customizing your page was the use of blocks.…Blocks were used to access grades,…our calendar, announcements, and more.…One issue with blocks, however,…is that they're not visible on the mobile version of Moodle…which is becoming more and more popular.…
For this reason, the Boost theme doesn't depend on blocks…and I think it looks excellent!…With the new look, we have access to many of these features…in different places.…In the upper left,…if I click on the three lines icon,…it pulls out a left navigation bar.…From here I can click on Participants,…Badges, Competencies, and Grades.…I've access to my different sections…
- Downloading and installing Moodle
- New features in Moodle 3.2
- Navigating a Moodle course
- Customizing your profile and notification settings
- Using inline help
- Creating a course
- Adding resources to course sections
- Using labels
- Customizing the look and layout of your course
- Adding assignments, quizzes, forums, and surveys
- Managing course participants
- Setting up the Moodle gradebook
- Saving a backup of your course
Skill Level Beginner
1. Learning Management Systems (LMS) Introduction
Download and install Moodle1m 35s
2. Getting Started with Moodle 3.2
3. Creating a Course in Moodle 3.2
4. Course Resources
5. Course Activities
6. Managing Course Participants
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.