You've come a long way already. Now plot out your next steps on your journey into HTML and web design. Author Chris Mattia gives you specific suggestions for refining your new HTML skills.
- [Instructor] Before we wrap up this course,…let's talk about the next steps on your journey with HTML.…You've learned a lot already…and now it's time to put what you've learned into practice.…If you haven't done so already,…I'd suggest opening up each and every page…of the completed env432 site and retrace our steps.…I've included everything that we covered in the site,…plus I've added a few hidden gems in there for you to find.…For instance, if you open up the styles.css page,…you'll find comments that I've added that describe…many of the attributes and what they're doing.…
I've also made similar comments…throughout the HTML code itself.…Next I'd suggest trying to build your own site…for a class that you're teaching.…It doesn't have to be a complicated site,…just start with simple pages and begin putting your…own course materials on the web.…I've often found that the very best…way to really learn something is to teach it.…Therefore I'd suggest assigning your students a project…where they have to build their own website.…
- Coding a site, a page, or parts
- Managing digital assets
- Formatting headings and paragraphs
- Creating links to pages
- Linking to a PDF or a Google Doc
- Inserting your own images into an LMS
- Embedding YouTube, Vimeo, and SoundCloud media
- Making pages responsive for mobile devices
- Working with CSS using web developer tools
- Overriding existing CSS
- Setting up your own domain
- Using FTP
Skill Level Intermediate
WordPress for Education: Multisitewith Chris Mattia1h 55m Intermediate
Measuring Learning Effectivenesswith Jeff Toister47m 4s Beginner
1. Web Basics
2. Semantically Formatting Text
3. Leveraging Links
4. Integrating Images
5. Embedding Resources
6. Adding Style with CSS
7. Setting Up Web Infrastructure
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.