Join George Papazian for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Moodle Administration Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- I hope you've enjoyed this Moodle administration course.…I encourage you to use it as both an initial guide…and a reference later on when working with Moodle.…I just want to leave you with a few tips…on where to go from here.…First, you've got the basics now.…But from here you just need to roll up your sleeves…and start digging into Moodle.…There's just no substitute for exploring the various…settings and testing them out for yourself.…Just be careful about certain settings…that can mess up your installation…or lock you out of the site.…Don't jump the gun on them.…If you have any doubts about applying a setting,…make sure to read each tool tip…and cross-reference it against the documentation.…
And don't forget about resources.…We've already talked about Moodle's main site,…but don't forget that there's also forums on it.…In order to use the forums you're…gonna have to register as a member.…Still on Moodle's site, you can go to Moodle.net.…And here you can download pre-populated courses…that you can use for experimenting with settings.…
- Configuring your local server with XAMPP or LAMP
- Installing Moodle
- Connecting to the database
- Installing cron and automating cron jobs
- Creating views
- Changing primary settings
- Adding and managing users and cohorts
- Setting roles and permissions
- Creating and managing courses
- Applying themes
- Working with plugins
- Keeping your Moodle site secure
Skill Level Beginner
100 Courses and Counting: David Rivers on Elearningwith David Rivers8m 22s Appropriate for all
Learning Management System (LMS) Fundamentalswith Aaron Quigley41m 44s Appropriate for all
Captivate 8 Advanced Techniqueswith Pooja Jaisingh4h 18m Intermediate
1. Getting to Know Moodle
2. Setting Up Your Server
3. Installing Moodle
4. The Moodle Dashboard
5. Working with Users
6. Setting Permissions
7. Managing Courses
8. Setting Up a Grading System
9. Customizing the Look of Moodle
10. Working with Plugins
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.