Moodle 3.6 has a new look and layout and offers many new features, including the Boost theme, an improved media player, interactive report charts, and more.
- [Instructor] Moodle recently launched version 3.6, … which is similar to recent versions of Moodle … but with few upgrades. … If you've been using an earlier version of Moodle before 3.3 … there's been one major update. … And that is the boost theme. … The boost theme, which is pictured here, … doesn't rely as heavily on blocks within your courses. … You can always in the upper left corner … click on the three lines icon … and it brings out this navigation bar … that allows you to navigate to your site home, … calendar, private files, … as well as your different courses. … In the upper right hand corner, I can click on the drop down … next to my profile picture. … And access my profile, grades, messages and more. … So this makes it much easier to navigate the site. … Now let's take a quick look at some of the new features … released with Moodle 3.6. … One of the biggest is the improved course overview … on the Moodle dashboard. … That's what we're seeing right here. … And as you can see it has a new look. …
- New features in Moodle 3.6
- Setting up an instructor profile
- Creating a course
- Adjusting course settings
- Posting announcements
- Adding resources and activities
- Managing files and URLs
- Adding assignments
- Creating a quiz
- Enrolling students in a course
- Chatting and sending messages
- Setting up a gradebook
- Viewing gradebook reports
Skill Level Beginner
Advanced Moodle: Working with Themeswith Chris Mattia58m 17s Advanced
What you should know1m 2s
1. Learning Management Systems (LMSs)
New features in Moodle 3.63m 25s
2. Get Started with Moodle 3.6
3. Create a Course in Moodle 3.6
4. Course Resources
5. Course Activities
6. Manage Course Participants
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.