Moodle 3.4 has a new look and layout and offers many new features. Learn about the Boost theme, an improved media player, interactive report charts, and more.
- [Instructor] Moodle recently launched version 3.4…which is extremely similar to version 3.3.…For this update, Moodle didn't make many changes…to the platform, but did add some features…that really improve the user experience.…If you've used an earlier version of Moodle,…there has been one major update…with the release of version 3.3…and that is the new boost theme.…This is a change to the user interface…and it's one that I think is great…and doesn't rely on adding blocks to your course,…but utilizes the side menu navigation…as well as the gear icon to navigate and create your course.…
You can see here on the left,…I have this side navigation which I can open and close…using this three bars icon and it's really convenient.…You also have the gear icon…which allows you to do a lot of the things…that you used to have to do with blocks.…So this is a new interface that,…if you've used an older version, will be new to you.…Now let's take a quick at some of the features…that were released with Moodle 3.4.…First of all, they've improved their calendar.…
- Navigating a Moodle course
- Customizing your profile
- Creating sections within a course
- Adjusting course settings
- Adding course resources
- Quizzing students
- Managing course participants
- Customizing the Moodle gradebook
Skill Level Beginner
1. Learning Management Systems Introduction
Download and install Moodle1m 31s
2. Get Started with Moodle 3.4
3. Create a Course in Moodle 3.4
4. Course Resources
5. Course Activities
6. Manage Course Participants
Next steps1m 44s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.