Moodle 3.2 has a new look and layout and offers many new features including the Boost theme, an improved media player, interactive report charts, and more.
- [Instructor] Moodle recently launched version 3.3, and although there aren't many major changes, there are some definite improvements. First though, if you're migrating to Moodle 3.3 from a version before 3.2, there is one major change, and that is the new Boost theme. This new user interface is great. It doesn't rely on blocks to your course, but utilizes the side menu navigation, as well as the gear icon to navigate and customize your course. Over here on the left, you'll notice that I can click on the three lines icon, which opens or closes that side navigation menu.
From here, you can access a bunch of different features. Also, in the upper right hand corner, I can click on the gear icon, and access different things here to customize my course. Now, let's take a look at a couple of the changes in Moodle 3.3. First of all, they have better office integration, so they allow you to integrate your Microsoft, as well as G Suite accounts. They have an improved dashboard, and I want to take a look here at the dashboard, that you can see is different than it has been in the past. You have a timeline right away that brings up things from any of your courses, as well as sorting by courses, which you can access different ones.
For instance here, in progress, future courses, and past courses. They also have improved font and emoji support. You can now create grade by reminders to remind you when you need to grade things. Specify assignment file types. You can collapse comments in assignments when you're giving feedback. There's better activity completion management. You can drag and drop media, and they have new stealth activities, which are available, but not shown. Let's take a look at that quickly. I'm here inside of one of my courses, and let's say, for instance, this project discussion.
If I didn't want this to appear on the page for students to see, but I still wanted to make the link available for students to access, I could do this by clicking here on Edit, and Hide, and as you can see, now it's hidden from students. And now I can go back, click Edit, and Make Available. So this puts it in stealth mode. It's available, but not shown on the course page. So once again, Moodle has improved its already excellent learning management system.
- New features in Moodle 3.3
- Navigating a Moodle course
- Customizing your profile and navigation settings
- Creating a course in Moodle 3.3
- Adjusting course settings
- Adding resources to the different sections of your course
- Adding assignments, quizzes, forums, and surveys
- Managing course participants