Join Kevin Kelly for an in-depth discussion in this video Navigating a Moodle course, part of Moodle 2.8 Essential Training.
- You may have noticed that this screen is different…than what you see in your blank core shell.…I'm showing you a sample course that I've built…so that I can explain Moodles navigation in more detail.…Together we're going to build a Moodle course environment…like this one, as we go through this Lynda.com course.…When it comes to the course environment,…Moodle does a good job of sticking to basics.…Like many websites, Moodle uses breadcrumbs…along the top of the page to tell you…where you are at all times.…They're active breadcrumbs,…so you can click them to jump to a different level…of your course,…or all the way back to the home page…for your institution's Moodle site.…
Each course page has three columns.…Down the center of your course are…topic areas, called sections,…where you can add digital resources and online activities…according to your syllabus or lesson plan.…In the left and right columns are blocks,…which provide quick access to specific information,…like a participant list, or course completion status,…
- Navigating a Moodle course
- Setting up learning outcomes
- Adding, moving, editing, and deleting blocks
- Uploading files for students to download
- Adding links and RSS feeds
- Adding students and teaching assistants
- Creating groups
- Communicating with announcements, polls, emails, and chat
- Facilitating discussions, peer review, and team projects
- Creating and grading quizzes and assignments
- Working with the Moodle gradebook
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Ready to Teach with Moodle
2. Preparing Your Course in Moodle
3. Managing Course Resources in Moodle
4. Managing Course Participants in Moodle
5. Communicating with Students in Moodle
6. Facilitating Activities in Moodle
7. Assessing Learning in Moodle
8. Course Administration in Moodle
Setting up the gradebook5m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.