Take a quick tour through a course on the Moodle learning management system. It is important to understand the layout of different tools and features before creating a course.
- [Instructor] Throughout this course,…I'll be using Moodle 3.2 to create…a fictitious course titled Concepts of Biology…for Orange Valley University.…Although we'll start from scratch…and build the course up step by step,…I want to start by showing you how…to navigate a course on Moodle.…In order to do this, I'll show you…what a course will look like once we've…customized many of the settings…and added resources and activities.…Now once I'm logged in to my account,…it brings me to my dashboard, which appears here.…Notice I have two courses that I teach on my dashboard.…One is a communications course,…which I have already created,…and the other is the Concepts of Biology course,…which I'll create for the remainder of this course.…
A system administrator has assigned…both of these courses to me…and given me the role of teacher,…which is why I'm able to see them here.…I'm going to enter into my Communication Fundamentals…course, and let's take a look at what it looks like.…Before I start navigating this course,…I want to bring up a very important point…
- Downloading and installing Moodle
- New features in Moodle 3.2
- Navigating a Moodle course
- Customizing your profile and notification settings
- Using inline help
- Creating a course
- Adding resources to course sections
- Using labels
- Customizing the look and layout of your course
- Adding assignments, quizzes, forums, and surveys
- Managing course participants
- Setting up the Moodle gradebook
- Saving a backup of your course
Skill Level Beginner
1. Learning Management Systems (LMS) Introduction
Download and install Moodle1m 35s
2. Getting Started with Moodle 3.2
3. Creating a Course in Moodle 3.2
4. Course Resources
5. Course Activities
6. Managing Course Participants
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.