- Creating multipage resources
- Using SCORM content in Moodle
- Building adaptive and conditional activities
- Integrating Skype and Facebook
- Creating workshops
- Recognizing achievement with badges
Skill Level Beginner
- [Voiceover] Hi. I'm Kevin Kelly. I'll be your guide through this course: Moodle Advanced Techniques. First we'll look at some advanced ways to share content for your class, such as using the book module. Next, we'll look at advanced strategies for facilitating course activities, such as the lesson module, as well as using conditional activities and completion tracking. After that we'll look at advanced methods to communicate with your students, such as video conference solutions like Big Blue Button or Skype, and social media tools like Facebook. When it comes to assessing student learning, there are advanced techniques to try.
We'll look at built in rubrics and scoring guides, along with the workshop module. I've been using Moodle to teach face-to-face, hybrid, and online courses for about 10 years. I've also been the online teaching and learning manager of a Moodle using campus, San Francisco State University. The Moodle community is really good about sharing with each other, so I'm glad to be sharing some ideas with you in Moodle Advanced Techniques. Now let's get started.