- Configuring your local server with XAMPP or LAMP
- Installing Moodle
- Connecting to the database
- Installing cron and automating cron jobs
- Creating views
- Changing primary settings
- Adding and managing users and cohorts
- Setting roles and permissions
- Creating and managing courses
- Applying themes
- Working with plugins
- Keeping your Moodle site secure
Skill Level Beginner
- [Voiceover] Hello. I'm George Papazian, and welcome to Moodle Administration Essential Training. You may have used Moodle before as a teacher or student, but in this course, I'm gonna introduce you to its administrative side. We'll talk about what Moodle is, and why to use it. We'll also talk briefly about server environments. We'll look at where to find Moodle, download the latest version, install it, and how to make sense of the dashboard. Once we have that under our belt, we'll focus on some of the main day-to-day procedures you'll need to perform with Moodle as its administrator. Such as creating and managing users, setting user permissions, creating and managing course shelves, properly categorizing courses, and setting up global grading systems.
We'll then take Moodle to the next level in design and functionality, by customizing the look of the interface and extending Moodle's capabilities through the use of plug-ins. Finally, we'll end with a very important issue of how to make Moodle more secure without needing any extended knowledge of servers or programming. Let's dive in.
100 Courses and Counting: David Rivers on Elearningwith David Rivers8m 22s Appropriate for all
Learning Management Systems (LMS) Quick Startwith Aaron Quigley41m 44s Appropriate for all
Captivate 8: Advanced Techniqueswith Pooja Jaisingh4h 18m Intermediate
1. Getting to Know Moodle
2. Setting Up Your Server
3. Installing Moodle
4. The Moodle Dashboard
5. Working with Users
6. Setting Permissions
7. Managing Courses
8. Setting Up a Grading System
9. Customizing the Look of Moodle
10. Working with Plugins
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.