Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of different data models, including code walkthrough.
- [Narrator] While MongoDB doesn't impose a schema…on data being input, it's still necessary…for your code to understand the models…which are stored in the database.…In Node, there's even a library, Mongoose,…which interacts with the database…under a model-driven interface.…Bringing your data into Mongo requires some work…in modeling the data to make your queries…as efficient as possible and meet the…use cases for your clients.…I've created a couple of JSON files…with movies to work with.…This content is a little more complex…than what we've seen, and it will help us…think through the concepts needed to…make a schema model that works well…for your application.…
While it may not be perfect or appropriate…for a production environment,…for our exercise, we'll use a movie title…as the ID for movies, and the name…as the ID for people.…There are two ways to include information in your schema,…either by inclusion into another document…or by reference to documents in another collection.…In this case, we're going to have an array…
- Installing MongoDB for Windows and OS X
- Why Mongo?
- Document-oriented data
- Exploring the Mongo shell
- Importing data into the database
- Building an application in Node.js
- Tuning Mongo queries
- Replication and sharding
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Understand MongoDB
2. Explore the System
3. Build an Application in Node
Node MongoDB setup4m 59s
4. Advanced Topics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.