Join George Papazian for an in-depth discussion in this video Managing users, part of Moodle Administration Essential Training.
- Let's manage our users now that we have some.…I've added a few additional users since the last video,…which you can see right here.…I recommend you add a few more users to your installation,…in order to follow along with the lesson.…Remember, in doing so though,…you'll have to use a distinct email address for each one.…As you can see, I have my list showing.…This list works with a convention…that you may already be familiar with on other interfaces.…There are various columns, with which…you can arrange the information.…We see Name, Email, City, Country…and Last Access.…
By clicking on any of these, I can reorder my list…according to that column.…Let's click on City for example.…Now the list is reordered alphabetically…based on City or town.…A useful column here is also Last access.…Now you can see students ordered…by virtue of who accessed the site last.…This can be very informative as an instructor,…but also as an administrator.…It's worth noting, that if you click it again,…the list reverses, so you can see…
- Configuring your local server with XAMPP or LAMP
- Installing Moodle
- Connecting to the database
- Installing cron and automating cron jobs
- Creating views
- Changing primary settings
- Adding and managing users and cohorts
- Setting roles and permissions
- Creating and managing courses
- Applying themes
- Working with plugins
- Keeping your Moodle site secure
Skill Level Beginner
100 Courses and Counting: David Rivers on Elearningwith David Rivers8m 22s Appropriate for all
Learning Management System (LMS) Fundamentalswith Aaron Quigley41m 44s Appropriate for all
Captivate 8 Advanced Techniqueswith Pooja Jaisingh4h 18m Intermediate
1. Getting to Know Moodle
2. Setting Up Your Server
3. Installing Moodle
4. The Moodle Dashboard
5. Working with Users
6. Setting Permissions
7. Managing Courses
8. Setting Up a Grading System
9. Customizing the Look of Moodle
10. Working with Plugins
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.