Join Oliver Schinkten for an in-depth discussion in this video Manage your dashboard, part of Learning Moodle 3.3.
- [Instructor] In the past couple of chapters,…we've taken a look at how to add activities…and resources to our course.…Now before we move on,…I want to show you how you can manage your dashboard,…which is a concept that I think is very important.…So right now if I scroll down,…we have our introduction section,…and after that the different units,…structure and function,…traits and heredity,…natural selection.…And then we have activities and resources below those…that we've added to those units.…Now when students login to this course,…they'll be able to see everything that appears here.…But what if I don't want that?…What if I only want to show the current unit…that we are working on?…Well, we can do this.…
So for instance, to the right of one of my units,…let's say here, structure and function,…I can go ahead and click on the 'Edit' drop down…and choose to hide the topic.…Now when I do that,…we don't get rid of it.…And you can see here it appears kind of dimmed.…This is for the instructor.…From the student perspective,…
- New features in Moodle 3.3
- Navigating a Moodle course
- Customizing your profile and navigation settings
- Creating a course in Moodle 3.3
- Adjusting course settings
- Adding resources to the different sections of your course
- Adding assignments, quizzes, forums, and surveys
- Managing course participants
Skill Level Beginner
Elearning Techniques: Visual Designwith Sally Cox1h 34m Intermediate
1. Learning Management Systems (LMS)
2. Get Started with Moodle 3.3
3. Create a Course in Moodle 3.3
4. Course Resources
5. Course Activities
6. Manage Course Participants
Next steps1m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.