Organizing information into lists is a great way to display lots of information to your learners. In this video, Author Chris Mattia walks you through the proper use of the unordered and ordered lists.
- [Narrator] There are three types of lists…that you can use to organize information with using HTML.…The unordered list,…the ordered list,…and the description list.…I'm in syllabus at HTML,…and I have a live preview open,…so we can see the changes as they're happening.…All three lists are coded in a similar manner.…Begin by defining what type of list…that you would like to create,…and wrap that tag around all of the items…that will be contained within your list.…For the grading section,…I'll create an unordered list…by typing in an opening UL tag,…and then a closing UL tag after the last item in the list.…
Next, we need to tell the browser…where each list item is located.…You can do that by wrapping each list item…in an opening LI tag and a closing LI tag.…I'll come down to the second item…and type in an opening LI tag.…Rather than typing this code over and over again,…let me show you a trick that I like to use…to speed up repetitive coding tasks like this one.…And that is,…to look for regular patterns in your code.…
- Coding a site, a page, or parts
- Managing digital assets
- Formatting headings and paragraphs
- Creating links to pages
- Linking to a PDF or a Google Doc
- Inserting your own images into an LMS
- Embedding YouTube, Vimeo, and SoundCloud media
- Making pages responsive for mobile devices
- Working with CSS using web developer tools
- Overriding existing CSS
- Setting up your own domain
- Using FTP
Skill Level Intermediate
WordPress for Education: Multisitewith Chris Mattia1h 55m Intermediate
Measuring Learning Effectivenesswith Jeff Toister47m 4s Beginner
1. Web Basics
2. Semantically Formatting Text
3. Leveraging Links
4. Integrating Images
5. Embedding Resources
6. Adding Style with CSS
7. Setting Up Web Infrastructure
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.